Café Hopping in: PIK



When you've got nothing to do (in Jakarta, there's nothing fun to do. At least that I know of!), go café hopping! My best friend and I looooved moving from café to café as there are a lot of it in Jakarta that has very cute and unique decors. This time around, we decided to hit PIK (Pantai Indah Kapuk, basically it's a neighborhood with rows and rows of restaurants!). 

Our first stop in PIK is called Hygge Coffee. Found it on Instagram and my oh my did I fall in love with the Frenchie (!!!) decor. I've seen nothing like it before, so my friend and I were excited to be able to discover a rather new looking café that isn't known to much people (yet). The vibe of the whole place is A-on point, and to make things better, the people who work there are friendly as well! 


The decor of it is mainly minimalistic with a bit of color thrown it when it comes to the Frenchie art walls. Now I don't know about you, but the place would've been sooo much better if a real life Frenchie was a part of the family as well! Sadly, no dogs are allowed in the café.


In the end, we decided to just get drinks as we just finished eating lunch half an hour before. I opted for tea and my friend, a coffee. It was so lovely to be able to read a book while sipping a tea with a friend in tow. Thankfully, the place wasn't so crowded, so I was able to read my book in peace. We stayed there for hours to end, that's how great the place is. I felt so relaxed whilst I was there!

All in all, a very great visit! And this café I will return to over and over again. If it was located close to where I live, no doubt that I would go there everyday!

OVERALL RATING: ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ .5 / 5

Address:
PIK, North Jakarta. (Inside HYPE festival).
Open on Tuesdays-Sunday (11 AM - 7 PM). 




Our second and final stop of the day was Upo Coffee. A highly acclaimed coffee shop in the neighborhood that everyone's been visiting for the past couple of months. We arrived at around 6 PM and only got to stay for an hour or so as the café's closed at 7 PM. Sadly, when we were there, it was jam packed with people. And by jam packed, I mean jammed packed! There was a group of moms who were so darn loud that I had to wear earphones to be able to concentrate on what I was doing.

Alas, I enjoyed my visit there as the drinks we ordered was quite satisfying!


I ordered their Taro Latte and my oh my, I finished it in one gulp as it tasted so good (and the fact that the cup is so tiny). I love the fact that it's not overbearingly sweet and that the aftertaste of it doesn't leave me nauseous. As for my friend, she was spontaneous enough to order a cold Red Velvet Latte that had great presentation and great taste as well. As you can see, there's a giant red ball (not so sure what it is) and it was supposed to melt when you put liquid inside of it. It didn't, sadly. But it was great to be able to drink such great refreshments despite it being too overcrowded!

I see myself visiting Upo in the future, but maybe not in the evening. This would be a great place to be in, in the morning. Especially for photographs, as the light from the windows would depict the drinks perfectly!

OVERALL RATING: ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ / 5.

Address:
Jl. Marina Raya Blok H No. 79, Kapuk, Ruko Cordoba, Pantai Indah Utara 1, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14470 


All in all, they're both great cafés. And if I was to choose just one as my favorite, I would probably say Hygge as the place is just so darn relaxing and cozy to stay in for hours! Fun fact, Hygge is a Danish word which literally translates to 'cozy'.

Which one is your favorite café? ❥

Much love, Ashley xx

Stay in touch with me! 






Comments

  1. That might easily be my first pit stop if i'll ever come to Jakarta!
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great idea! P.S, PIK is literally five minutes away from the airport. x

      Delete
  2. I love pretty coffee shops! Great photographs too!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the best! Especially when it's super cozy too. Thank you, Poppy! :) xx

      Delete
  3. i love the first cafe! so cute!

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics

    http://www.mademoiselleperrier.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures, I wish I was near to visit these places x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tania! Ahhh, but there are more photogenic places in London too. x

      Delete
  6. I love coffee shops! and frenchies as well!! x


    http://www.fashioninspiresyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on! And when both these things are mixed together, they're a great combo. x

      Delete
  7. Superb place.. all cozy and yummy!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cafe is the cutest thing ever! I love the dog theming <3
    http://www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I've never seen anything like it before. <3

      Delete
  9. Great post, thanks for sharing. These look like amazing coffee shops :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww I am obsessed with cute cafe bars and this is one is totally Instagrammable!! :)
    xx
    http://putitallonme.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yesss, it is very Instagrammable! Very happy about that. x

      Delete
  11. Looks like a great little spot! Love all of the decor.

    -Jessi
    http://www.thedarlingdetail.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing place <3
    Everything looks so yummy

    Best
    Michaela

    Michaelablog
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely spot!!

    Happy Tuesday & Lots of Love,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute places! Going to cafes are one of my favourite things! :) It's so fun and you get to drink lots of coffee!

    www.thesparklingdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! I love it especially when the place is comfortable to stay at, and you can stay for hours to end. x

      Delete
  15. This is SUCH a cute place!! I have been thinking heavily about going to Jakarta because one of my favourite bridal designers is there- I found one here in NYC but Jakarta seems like such a wonderful place. I'm sure the food and drink is also heavenly!

    xx Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! What's the name of the bridal shop?! Yeah, the culture is very different from any other. You should definitely visit someday! xx

      Delete
  16. Great pics! Love the quirkiness of this place!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing place!! I love it

    Greetings from Chile
    Vale

    http://valerousse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts