Out and About in Kensington


Hello, hello! Follow me along as I stroll around Kensington and also, my 100th post in my blog! I seriously can't believe that is my 100th post. Crazy! As always, I hope you enjoy and I'm so, so thankful for every one of you who has read or visited my blog frequently, it means a lot to me. 

Now, back to the post!

On this very grey day, my dad and I found ourselves in the very hectic and crowded National History Museum that I've seen a lot on Instagram. Now, you must know that I'm generally not a big fan of skeletons and all that shiz, but the view I got from the staircase lived up the expectations to the pictures that I saw many times on Instagram. Advice time: go before noon before there a lot of fieldtrips and kids during/after lunchtime!



We got to see some realistic looking dinosaurs, which I thought was super duper cool! Despite not liking skeletons and all that shiz, I'm quite fond of dinosaurs, and I have no idea why. :P


I'm no Harry Potter fan (SHOCKER!), but I really felt as if I was in Hogwarts whilst I was chilling by the museum! Such a pretty location.

Royal College of Music
Albert Court 
Royal Albert Hall
Excuse my gigantic mane of a hair! 

Next on the list, we walked for a couple of minutes and came across this cute as hell neighborhood called Kensington Gore that was so photogenic and oh so, gorgeous! Then on we were finally facing the Royal Albert Hall, and I've got to say, I'm so darn impressed by the architecture there. Doesn't hurt that this was one of the things Queen Victoria built for her Albert after his death.

Got to sit by the music hall for a bit as my legs were killing me by the time we arrived at the hall. Alas, we got to sit by the most beautiful buildings on Earth, so, I didn't mind that at all. Honestly could picture myself living by Kensington because I'm in love with the neighborhood!

Albert Memorial 
Albert Memorial. This like Royal Albert Hall was built for Prince Albert by Queen Victoria after his death. Goes to show how in love she was with him, and he to her. 


Our last stop before heading to our hotel and chill for a bit was none other than the Round Pond! I went to Kensington Palace the day before and since we were right in Kensington Gardens when we went to the Albert Memorial, I just had to go back to the pond! It was quite a walk, but so worth it. Sadly, five minutes after we sat by the pond, it started raining so we had to go back and find refuge inside the palace for a while. Ha, that's London life for ya!

See you guys soon! Once again, thank you very much for sticking by me for the past nine months (how has it been this long since I first blogged?!), and well, let's hope for more in the future! I appreciate every single one of you. ❤︎

Addresses:

National History Museum: Cromwell Rd, London SW7 5BD, United Kingdom
Royal Albert Hall: Royal Albert Hall, Imperial College Rd, Kensington, London SW7 2AP, UK


Much love, Ashley xx

Comments

  1. I go to uni in Kensington so I spend a lot of time there, it's easily my favourite neighbourhood in London. The architecture there is so pretty! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a lucky gal! Really hope I could live there one day. Ughhh, yes! I'm a sucker for beautiful architectures. x

      Delete
  2. LOVE this post! I'm so fascinated with architecture like this, I would love it there!

    http://www.justgeorgiarose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia! You would love it there, I guarantee you! x

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful photos...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    ig @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on this being your 100th post! I've just found your blog and followed you on bloglovin, Kensington looks so nice! x

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Eleanor! :) so lovely of you.

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures! I definitively want to visit this place one day :)
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so happy that you are having a great time hun x

    Check out my latest post here:
    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://www.thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful atmosphere of the post, so inspiring!

    -xx, Sia
    http://www.siafoch.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!!

    xo Bryn
    www.waketonroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a cool place to visit

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love London!

    xo

    www.dylanasuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just there yesterday! It's so breathtaking, everywhere you look is so picturesque!

    Lots of love,
    Ana
    CHECK OUT MY BLOG: www.anasofiachic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! So glad you liked it there too. I know, the architecture there's amazing. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts