City of London


Blue skies, puffy clouds oh and you guessed it, hoards of people roaming around the City of London as British people love the sun. I totally understand why though. Living all year round with grey skies 98% of the time s'gotta be harsh. I picked the wrong day to visit the Tower of London as there were hundreds and hundreds of people milling around, but I didn't let that get to me (even though I was quite grumpy at the time, um, I blame PMS). The sun popping out equals to great lookin' pictures, and I was not disappointed at all by the result! Woop! *fist pump*

I'm feeling rather chirpy at the moment, so sorry in advance if I seem a little daft because of the amount of exclamation marks that may appear on your screen by the end of the post!!!!! (example #1).


Never a dull moment to see the Tower Bridge, overlooking the Shard. I planned to go up to the top floor of the Shard to get a bird's eye view of London, but sadly that didn't happen. *sobs* maybe next time?! 


An avid fan of history myself, I was sad that I didn't get to go in to the Tower of London for the second time as the crowd was too insane! Nonetheless, I got to see the Tower itself again and I was a happy chap to see the old ruins of a thousand year old history unravel right before my eyes. There's just something magical about it!

Oh and despite the blue skies and scorching hot sun, it was bloody cold that day! Hence why I'm wearing a jacket. The wind was beyond crazy and it got to a point where I took it off and then put it on again because it was hot one minute, and then cold the next. You bipolar weather, you.

The Shard peeking through! 

Strolled through Whitechapel to see some of the sites of the Jack the Ripper murders, but sadly, it just wasn't as informative as it would if I joined a bloody walking tour! Nonetheless, got to see the Shard and a cool looking church, so all was fine. My legs were about to fall off by the end of the walk! Ha.


Passed by the Royal Courts of Justice. Bridget Jones, where the hell are you?! Does it a ring a bell to you guys? Well it sure did to me, because um, I may have imagined Mr. Darcy (the barrister) popping along as I sat in traffic, staring at the beautiful architecture of the place. I have quite an imaginative mind, I dare say.

Fortnum & Mason (TEA HEAVEN)
Hatchards, est 1797. It is the oldest bookshop in the United Kingdom! Mind blown. 

By the time we made it back to Piccadilly, I kid you not, my legs were about to fall off because I walked so much whilst I was at the City. Despite feeling knackered and quite faint, I found myself shopping at Cath Kidston and hoarding quite a lot of stuff as you can see from the giant bag that I had to carry around (lol).

If I could, I would rewind this day over and over again because well, I miss London so much. Plus, the shopping didn't hurt either!

I really hoped you liked today's post! Thank you so much for sticking by me if you're new to my blog or have been following it for the past nine months since I started blogging. You guys mean so much to me and I'm thankful for every one of you.

I gotta ask though... Do you prefer a grey London or sunny London? 

Much love, Ashley xx

Comments

  1. These photos are too beautiful!!.. I've just had a lil' trip to London & just completely fell in love with it :')

    Katie // Words by Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thank you, Katie! I fell in love with the city all over again when I visited last month! A very charming city. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this part of London, it's one of my favourites specially during the sunset, it's so beautiful! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah me too! I think because the architecture is more older in the neighborhood and the river running along it too. xx

      Delete
  3. This makes me miss London so much xx

    http://www.martapozzan.com/2016/07/angela/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, me too! I've been missing it eversince I stepped inside Heathrow. :(

      Delete
  4. London have been on my travel list for so long! I'm dying to visit it one day!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you must, Tamara! You'll love it there, I guarantee you. :)

      Delete
  5. Honestly I am such a big fan girl when it comes to London. I think my favourite place has to be this little lane of shops opposite the houses of Parliament on East Lane Business Park. They make some of the best crepe’s around there and there is this small shop called Vendula I think it was with really nice hand crafted bags and purses. I must admit though I’ve never heard of Fortnum & Mason so next time we go I will definitely be checking that place out because I’m all about that tea :)
    https://kllaudiiia.blogspot.co.uk
    Klaudia x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, right?! Finally someone who gets me and understands my obsession with London. Oh, I must check out these shops when I'm around London! You must visit Fortnum & Mason, pretty famous, I heard that the Queen sometimes have afternoon tea there too! Pretty cool. x

      Delete
  6. Personally I wouldn't mind a grey London or a sunny London, I just want to go back there! I absolutely love the whole vibe of London, the food is brilliant as well and I could literally spend days on end shopping there. Actually, the last time I went to London that's exactly what I did :p

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I don't mind grey London at all. I think it's because I live in tropical heat all year round, so I don't mind the cold at all. AHHH, yes, and the people there and the ACCENTS! Hahahaha. That's fine! x

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your photos girl! They're so crisp and lovely. Lol at the bipolar weather, that's England for you haha XD

    Arraday.com | THAILAND IN 3 MINUTES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you lovely!!! HAHAAH, I quite enjoyed it actually. :P

      Delete
  8. It looks like you had such a fun time! I used to live in London, and it definitely felt like grey London all the time, haha. Glad you caught some sun!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite shocked that we got the sun half the time I was there too! Ah lucky of you to have lived in London! x

      Delete
  9. I love LONDON! :)

    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. So weird seeing London during the summer as I usually visit during my summer holidays which means it's winter there haha! Blue skies does suit it but London would look beautiful in any weather! x

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite odd to see the city basking in the sun, eh?! Oh yaaa, hahahah, would love to visit London in the winter once again though! Yeah, you're so right. x

      Delete
  11. Wow I visited London earlier this month for the first time and walked way too much also! Love your shot of the tower of London! It looks amazing with blue sky and puffy white clouds behind it.

    xx freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I worked out a lot (by walking) whilst I was there! Aw, thank you! It was a lovely day, with the sun out and all. :)

      Delete
  12. What a fab post! It's my dream to visit London and I can't wait! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout and colours are stunning! Also been reading a few of your posts and they're so inspirational to me! x

    blue3bell.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ellie! Such a lovely compliment. :) x

      Delete
  14. Love London! This post has really made me miss it. Great photos!

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow such a beautiful place. You photos are amazing!

    LifeOfArdor.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts