Egg-cellent Easter


Last day of the Easter weekend *sobs*. Happy Easter, guys!

I've had so much fun this week, laughed a lot and I also watched a ton of romcoms when my cousin slept over. So there's that. So on Friday was Good Friday. We started out the morning by going to church and then we had some frozen yogurt (yum!) and then we headed to the Fairmont Hotel to have afternoon tea at the Peacock Lounge. A very posh lounge, I must say and I was dressed up like a 12-year old girl heading to Sunday School. Ha!


When it comes to High Teas, I'm not much of a big fan. I love tea on its own (and maybe some Madeleines on the side), not a ton of food stacked on top of each other alongside it. But on this particular Easter weekend, the Peacock Lounge held a special Easter High Tea that I couldn't resist. I mean, how cute are those chocolate chickens?! They were quite tasty too, to be honest!

So aside from the many chocolates on top of the very chic case the High Tea came in, there are three slots beneath it full of food. The first slot is filled with small pies and a few cakes that highly resembled madeleines (but I didn't like them as much as madeleines, of course). The second slot is filled with sandwiches, so if you're a sandwich kind of person, you're gonna love it. The last and final slot is my favorite, filled with scones and madeleines. But because the High Tea I chose was exclusive for the Easter weekend only, it also came with a basket of dumplings with foie gras inside of it and some type of bitterballen filled with beef, this was also decorated with three carrots around it which I thought was quite creative! It was fancy alright.

My absolute favorite thing out of all this was of course, the tea. This is my fourth time going to the Peacock Lounge and I've always ordered the same thing eversince my first visit. The tea is from TWG, and the one I always ordered is called Vanilla Bourbon. Don't worry, no alcohol is involved! This tea is red tea that originated from South Africa. Aside from the sweetness that comes from the vanilla, I do also taste a hint muskiness that makes the whole experience much more richer. I usually just add a cube of sugar inside and enjoy the tea afterwards! I do have to say though that the teapot that the lounge provides is very small. I only drank one and a half mug! Which is pretty horrible for an avid tea lover like me. But aside from that, everything about this experience was pretty awesome.

On special occasions like this one (such as Christmas and Valentine's Day), the Peacock Lounge also does an exclusive High Tea set. If you're ever in Jakarta, do visit! On a day to day basis, they also have High Teas that comes with the wardrobe set, so it's sure going to be a special visit if you do! I do suggest you make a reservation if you're going on weekends or when an exclusive set is up in the lounge. Cause it can get pretty crowded there!

Credits to my cousin, Gaby! 

Besides the fact that I look like a little girl heading to Sunday School, I just wanted to say how in love I am with the top I wore that I just got recently from Zara. The whole "patches on shirts" trend has got to me, and I've actually purchased a dress that has patches on them from Zara as well, but on Good Friday I decided to wear this instead. The fabric isn't the softest thing in the world, but you can't help but fall in love with it because the patches on it is just dang cute! My favorite on of this sweatshirt I wore has got to be the french fries one, because who doesn't love fries right?! (Shocker, my cousin hates fries!).

I really hoped you had a great Easter weekend! And please tell me I'm not the only one who overate this weekend. I feel like I gained a couple of pounds this past week and it's making me a tad bit sad. So yeah, I hope I'm not the only one! (hehehe)

Address:
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8, Gelora Bung Karno, Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta

Much love, Ashley xx

                                               INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN



Comments

  1. Thank you! Happy Easter to you too, lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's very pretty, Happy Easter
    galantosfun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous photos! Happy Easter to you too! Xx

    http://www.itsjessiejane.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are always SO amazing! You look incredible too x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH, that's so lovely of you to say! You've made my day! xx

      Delete
  5. Your pictures are so beautiful! And happy (late) Easter! xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lou! Happy (late) Easter to you too! x

      Delete
  6. Ah I was drooling over this on your Insta, looks amazing! x
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!!

    http://poiseinwings.blogspot.com/2016/03/caseapp-giveaway.html (giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Easter is reason to over eat haha, I think I gained a couple of kilos :S So much marble decoration, what a bloggers dream haha. I've never actually dined at a high tea cafe but I'd love to experience it one day!

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, and Christmas too of course! Me too, now I'll have to burn the calories off! That's one of the reasons why I love the lounge so much, the marble table! Definitely give it a try, a very amazing experience! You'll feel very posh :P

      Delete
  9. I love high teas & I love this post :)!

    xx. The Coastal Confidence
    http://the-coastalconfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks great ! :)
    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous decor!! This looks like a fun Easter :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a lovely easter and what wonderful photography to match!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, fhank you! Hope you had a lovely Easter. :)

      Delete
  13. Nice post and very amazing blog... ♥
    do you want to follow each other on gfc? let me know :)

    http://itsmeieva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. very beautiful and cute pictures
    http://keepcalmandreadmorebooks.blogspot.com.by/

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice photos!
    xo
    www.sahara-desert.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely ate too much this past weekend! Oh well hehe it all tasted so good x

    inthecakeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you had such a wonderful Easter! :) Happy Thursday!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos! Food looks delicious *.*
    http://fotmagstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great! Thanks for sharing and check out 5 cool facts about an awesome eyewear designer.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/04/08/5-things-you-should-know-about-thierry-lasry-eyewear/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts