London Eye's Doppelgänger


Last week, a day after Christmas, my family and I headed out to Singapore. Practically our second home, but every single visit there always leaves me satisfied and happy. The greatest place to see a gorgeous view of the city is from the Singapore Flyer. And although I've been to Singapore tons of times over the past seven years, I never had the intention to ride it before.

This time, I braced myself go on and see Singapore's gorgeous view, 541 ft above. I wasn't scared at all at first, but once the capsule took us halfway to the top, I started getting a tad bit nervous and fidgety because I'm scared of heights (like everyone else in my family, it seems).



The two Domes of Gardens by the Bay 
The view was gorgeous. The price of the ticket was a tad bit pricey (S$33 per person), and I must say the ride over the Flyer wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. I don't know why I thought about it that way, but it could've been better. I think because I kept on comparing this ferris wheel with London's 'London Eye'. I need to stop doing that!

GOR-GEOUS.  

The sad thing about our ride was that it was super duper gloomy! After taking these gorgeous shots of the Singapore River and Marina Bay, it started raining dogs and cats. Pretty scary because we were on top of the ferris wheel then and to be able to see the direction of the rain droplets right outside the pod was scary as hell.

Pretty amazing view though, right?! You can see ArtScience Museum, and that's probably my favorite thing that I saw from the Singapore Flyer, because the shape of the museum is just so different and unique.




Not gonna lie though, the view from inside the pod when it started raining was pretty. Pretty amazing, ey? I loved how my camera was able to focus on the droplets of rain instead of the view of Singapore. 

I highly recommend going up the Singapore Flyer if you're planning on going there. Don't go if you're scared of heights, though!

Much love, Ashley xx

                                          INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I know! You should go there this year, it's awesome x

      Delete
  2. Singapore looks AMAZING! Even in the rain, it adds a more dramatic effect to pictures. :P What are those little apartments with the red roofs? Are they just normal accommodation? They look so special! I'd love to visit Singapore one day, I heard even the airport is outstanding! X

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful <3 I know! Love the greyness of it, reminds me so much of London. Yes, it's normal here, especially where I live! Omg yes you have to visit Singapore this year, they have amazing places there. So true, they have the cleanest airport!!

      Delete
  3. Amazing snaps!! Looks awesome!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Such a beautiful place, it's on my bucket list tho! Looks like you had a great time! :)
    Hope you have a lovely day!

    XO, Melissa's Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure was! You should go there soon! Thanks, hope you have a loveky day too :) x

      Delete
  5. Wow, so gorgeous!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it was! x not the greatest weather though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a special city! I really really want to go there someday :)

    www.moderngirl.dk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you called Singapore London's Doppleganger. That is awesome & I now will have to go to London! adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, but it's true! The Singapore Flyer looks exactly like the London Eye! The exact same. You definitely should! I've never rode the London Eye, but I hope to the next time I'm there :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts